This step-by-step article describes how to move a database diagram that was created in SQL Server Enterprise Manager. Database diagrams are contained in the dtproperties system table of the database.
How to Move a Database Diagram in SQL Server 7.0 and 2000
- Expand the Databases folder.
- Right-click the database that contains the diagram that you want to copy, click All Tasks, and then click Export Data
- In the Data Transformation Services Import/Export Wizard, click Next.
- On the Choose a Data Source page, click Next.
- On the Choose a Destination page, select the server and database to which you want to transfer the database diagram. Click Next.
- On the Specify Table Copy or Query page, click to select the Use a Query to specify the database to transfer check box, and then click Next.
- On the Type SQL Statement page, type the following line, and then click Next:
select * from dtproperties
- On the Select Source Table and Views page, click the Results destination, and then change it to dtproperties. Click Next.
- On the Save, Schedule, and Replicate Package page, click to select the Run Immediately check box, and then click Next.
- On the Completing the DTS Import/Export Wizard page, click Finish.
- Click OK, and then click Done to exit the wizard.
For more information about database diagram and dtproperties, see the following topics in SQL Server 7.0 Books Online:
- "Creating and Managing Database Diagrams"
- "Saving a Database Diagram"
For more information about dtproperties
schema diffrence between SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 7.0, see the following topic in SQL Server 2000 Books Online:
- "Database Diagrams from Earlier Versions of Visual Database Design Tools"
Article ID: 320125 - Last Review: July 15, 2004 - Revision: 3.6
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 64 bit (all editions)
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Standard Edition