When you try to open the Microsoft SoftGrid Management Console, or when you use the SoftGrid Management Console, you may experience one of the following symptoms:
- The SoftGrid Management Console intermittently crashes after it is open for a minute or more.
- The SoftGrid Management Console crashes, and then one of the following error codes appears:
- You see an event that resembles the following event in the Application event log:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Faulting application mmc.exe, version 5.2.3790.2617, stamp 43c70d1c, faulting
module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, stamp 424377d2, debug? 0, fault address
This problem occurs when the pixel dimensions of icons in the content share are asymmetrical.
To resolve this problem, you must verify the dimensions of the icons in the content share. Then, you must replace the asymmetrical icons with icons that are symmetrical, or you must modify the dimensions of the asymmetrical icons. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the computer that stores the SoftGrid content share, start Windows Internet Explorer by using the "about:blank" Web page.
- Open the folder that contains the SoftGrid packages.
- Drag the icon from each package into the blank Web page in Internet Explorer.
If the icon does not appear in the Internet Explorer window, it is asymmetrical. For example, when you right-click an asymmetrical icon, and then you click Properties, you see that the dimensions resemble the following values:
Dimensions: 32 x 42 pixelsSymmetrical icons have equal sides. For example, the dimensions of symmetrical icons resemble the following values:
Dimensions: 16 x 16 pixels
Dimensions: 32 x 32 pixels
- Replace the asymmetrical icon with a symmetrical icon. Or you can use a suitable utility to modify the icon to make it symmetrical.
Note Many free utilities that you can use to modify an icon are available on the Internet.
Article ID: 942687 - Last Review: January 15, 2015 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Application Virtualization for Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Application Virtualization for Windows Desktops
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbeventlog kbconsole kbcrashes kbexpertiseadvanced kbtshoot kbprb KB942687|