When you print a document in Enhanced Metafile (EMF) format
that includes double-sided pages, the document prints successfully and a blank
page is also output at the end of the print job.
This issue occurs because, when you print a double-sided
document in EMF format, the computer counts the page numbers and outputs a
blank page intentionally to keep the page numbers consistent.
To work around this issue, change the printer to output in
RAW format and not in EMF format. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to
Settings, and then click Control
- Double-click Printers.
- Right-click the printer that you want to output in RAW
format, and then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab, click to clear the
Enable advanced printing features check box, and then click
This will change the printer to output in RAW
format and not output a blank page in the print job.
Article ID: 833318 - Last Review: October 30, 2006 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
|kbfix kbwinservperf kbfileprintservices kbprb KB833318|