Handwriting Recognition in Microsoft Word 2002
- OFFXP: "Handwriting Recognition in Office XP" White Paper Available for Download
Handwriting recognition is a new feature in Microsoft Office XP. The "Handwriting Recognition in Office XP" white paper provides a general overview of handwriting recognition. Topics include installation and setup, system requirements, working...
- Description of the speech recognition and handwriting recognition methods in Word 2002
Describes the new speech recognition and handwriting recognition methods of input included in Word 2002. This article discusses how to install, configure, turn on, and turn off the speech recognition and handwriting recognition methods in Word 2002.
- Frequently asked questions about the handwriting recognition feature of Word 2003 and Word 2002
Answers common questions about the handwriting recognition feature of Word 2003 and Word 2002. Explains how this function can be used with a mouse or a drawing tablet.
- WD2002: On-Screen Symbol and Standard Keyboards Are Still Available After You Remove Handwriting Recognition Feature
After you remove the Handwriting feature from the Office Shared Features, On-Screen Standard Keyboard and On-Screen Symbol Keyboard are still available on the Language bar and in the Text Services dialog box.
- Description of new features in Word 2002
Provides general information about key new features in Word 2002 and tips for applying the features to your work. The key features include new ways to format documents, collaborative document creation, and speech and handwriting recognition.
- OFFXP: Dictation Mode Does Not Start When You Start Speech Recognition
After you complete the training for your speech recognition profile and then click Dictation on the Language bar to start dictating, the speech recognition bubble displays "Starting Speech". However, Dictation mode does not start and does not...
- WD2002: Speech Balloon Does Not Display Fraction Characters
Speech recognition is a feature that allows you to dictate text into a Microsoft Word document using Dictate mode. In Voice Command mode, you can select menu, toolbar, and dialog box items by using your voice. When you use voice commands to select a...
- WD2002: Office Assistant Doesn't Respond to Voice Command to Save Changes
The Office Assistant does not respond to a voice command to save the changes to your Word document. For example, when you close a document in which you have made changes, the Save prompt will come up in the Office Assistant balloon. When you...
- WD2002: Speech Recognition Does Not Function If NetMeeting Is Running
The speech recognition feature may appear to be turned on in Microsoft Word, but it does not function when NetMeeting is running. The sound card is not a sharable resource. If the Enable full-duplex audio so I can speak while receiving audio...
- WD2002: Word Spells Out Numbers During Dictation
When you dictate a number, Word may spell out the number instead of inserting the numeral or numerals. This functionality is by design in Microsoft Word. When you dictate a number that is less than 20, Word spells out the number by default....
- WD2002: Multiple Microphones Give Poor Results with Speech Recognition Feature
You may experience problems with speech recognition, such as poor recognition, under the following conditions: You install a different microphone from the one that you used to create your speech recognition profile and to train with. -or-You add...
- Keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Word
Lists the keyboard shortcuts available in Word 2010, Word 2007, Word 2003, and Word 2002.
- Frequently asked questions about Ctfmon.exe
Answers some of the frequently asked questions about the purpose and functionality of Ctfmon.exe. Ctfmon.exe is a file that runs in the background when you run an Office XP program. It runs even after you quit all Office programs.
- Frequently asked questions about the speech recognition feature for Office
Answers common questions about the speech recognition feature for Office XP and Office 2003. You can use the speech recognition feature to speak to your computer through a microphone.
- How to troubleshoot speech recognition problems in Word 2002
Describes the most common steps for troubleshooting speech recognition problems in Word. This article also lists the system requirements for speech recognition.
- Word 2002 quits unexpectedly with an access violation when you switch to an open document in Word 2002
When you click the button on the Microsoft Windows task bar to switch to a document that is already open, Word 2002 may quit unexpectedly with an access violation. Note Word 2002 may quit unexpectedly without the access violation.
- OAER: Word Quits When You Restore a Window or Switch Between Windows
When you try to make a Word window active, you may receive the following error message: Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. To see what data this error report contains, click here.
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.