Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Troubleshooting - Outlook 2003
- "An unknown error has occurred" error message in Outlook
Describes an "An unknown error has occurred" or "Messaging interface has caused an unknown error" error message when you read, send, receive, or delete email messages in Outlook. Provides a resolution.
- "The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" error message when you install a program in Windows XP
When you try to install a program, such as Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP or Microsoft Office 2003, in Microsoft Windows XP, you may receive the following error message:
- You receive an "Error 1606" error message when you try to install or remove a Microsoft program
Discusses an issue where you receive an "Error 1606" error message when you try to install or remove a program such as Streets and Trips, MapPoint, Picture It!, Digital Image Pro, or Money.
- Meetings that are placed in an owner's calendar by a delegate do not display free/busy information for additional meeting attendees in Outlook
Explains that other meeting attendees' free/busy information is displayed as back slashes (\\\\\). This may occur if you are using a delegate. The meeting request must be accepted by the mailbox owner, or by the delegate from the owner's Inbox.`
- How to troubleshoot a shared database in Outlook with Business Contact Manager Update
Describes best practices for database sharing in Business Contact Manager. This article also lists several techniques that can help you resolve sharing issues.
- The "Data Link Properties" dialog box is displayed when you try to add Outlook contacts to a mail merge document in Word 2003 or in Word 2002
Describes an issue where the "Data Link Properties" dialog box is displayed when you try to add Outlook contacts to a mail merge document in Word 2003 or in Word 2002.
- Outlook users experience poor performance when they work with a folder that contains many items on a server that is running Exchange Server
Describes an issue in which Outlook users experience poor performance when they work with a folder that contains many items in Exchange Server.
- You receive run-time error 429 when you automate Office applications
Discusses the run-time error 429 "ActiveX component can't create object" that can occur when you automate Office applications and provides information on how to diagnose and resolve common problems that may cause this error.
- Microsoft Office stops responding when you try to open or save a file
Using Save, Save As or Open causes Office to hang or freeze for a long period of time. Office can hang or freeze when trying to open or save files on a mapped network device or drive.
- You receive an error message when you install an Office program or open an Office program or document
Describes an issue that occurs when the Everyone group of the Microsoft Office registry subkey is not set to full control when you install an Office program. Provides a resolution.
- Outlook: Send To Mail Recipient opens an Outlook plain text message
An Outlook plain text message is opened if you perform either of the following: Right-click a file, click Send To , and then click Mail Recipient In Internet Explorer, point to on the menu and then click
- Line breaks are removed in posts made in plain text format in Outlook
Describes the behavior when line breaks are removed in a plain text format post without any indication in Outlook. You can workaround this behavior by disabling the Auto Remove Line Breaks feature. Or you can use HTML or RTF to format the message.
- How to obtain the latest Outlook Junk E-mail Filter update
Describes how to obtain the latest Microsoft Office Outlook Junk E-mail Filter update.
- Error messages when you search the address book by using a full user name
If you type a full user name in the Display Name field in the Find dialog box of your address book when you try to search a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server in Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, or Outlook 2010, you may receive...
- Outlook error PST is in use by another application
When you start Outlook, you may receive the following error message: This problem occurs even if you have full access permissions and there is no password on the Outlook Data (.pst) file. The problem may appear intermittently. This can also affect an...
- When you try to start a Microsoft Office 2003 program for the first time, you receive the "Installation Error: File not Found" error message
Describes the issue that occurs when you receive the "Installation Error: File not Found" error message when you start an Office 2003 program.
- Some rules are disabled, and you receive an error message when you try to create or enable rules in Outlook
Explains that some rules may be disabled after you upgrade to Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, or Outlook 2003 if the size of your rules exceeds the 32 KB limit. Includes several suggested workarounds to decrease the size of your rules.
- Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook
You receive a ?This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer? error message when you click a hyperlink in Outlook.
- Save password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express
When you connect to your Internet service provider (ISP) to retrieve messages from a Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) server, your password is not retained even though you chose to save the password. Entering the correct password again does not resolve...
- Error messages when you send and receive in Outlook and Outlook Express
Lists various error messages that you may receive when you send or receive email messages in Outlook and in Outlook Express. Discusses the possible causes and resolutions.
- When you print a Word document that includes a background, the background is not printed
Describes an issue in which a background is not printed when you print a Microsoft Office Word document that includes a background. Provides workarounds for this issue.
- "Scanemal.dll could not be found" error message when you start Outlook
Describes an issue in which you receive the error message "The add-in C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfeeVirusScan\scanemal.dll could not be found" when you start Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2002 or Outlook 2000. To resolve this issue you must remove...
- You cannot open a shared Outlook folder from a sharing invitation that you receive from another Outlook user
Describes a workaround to a scenario in which the recipients of a sharing invitation cannot open an Outlook folder that an Outlook 2007 user shared to them. This behavior occurs if the recipient is running an earlier version of Outlook 2007.
- MS10-105: Description of the security update for the Microsoft Office 2003 File Converter Pack: December 14, 2010
Resolves a security vulnerability that exists in the Microsoft Office 2003 File Converter Pack that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified image is opened.
- You receive an error message you try to repair, reinstall, or install an "on demand" feature in an Office 2003 program
Describes an error message that you may receive when you try to repair, reinstall, or install an "on demand" feature in an Office 2003 program.