Support for Windows Phone 7
how-to articles - Windows Phone
- Considerations for Xbox LIVE Account Migration
Describes that you can move an Xbox LIVE account from one country/region to another country/region where Xbox LIVE is supported.
- Windows Mobile Application Solutions
Microsoft Professional Advisory Services is a support option that provides short-term, proactive, consultative support beyond break-fix product maintenance needs. This includes working with the same technician for assistance with issues like product...
- Description of Windows Mobile Device Center
Describes the new application that replaces ActiveSync in Windows Vista or later operating systems.
- How to customize which media syncs with your Zune player or phone
This article explains how to control which content will sync with your Zune player or phone by using the Sync Groups and the Sync Options features in the Zune software.
- How to sync from your Zune player or phone to your collection
Describes how to reverse sync content from a Zune device or phone to the Zune software.
- How to remove a file from your Zune player or phone
Describes how to remove a file from or prevent it from syncing with your Zune player or phone.
- Description of the Zune Pass subscriptions
This article describes the Zune Pass subscriptions.
- HOW TO: Remove and Reinstall ActiveSync and Your Microsoft Mobile Device
This step-by-step article describes how to remove, and then reinstall Microsoft ActiveSync and your Microsoft mobile device. Step 1: Remove Your Mobile Device From the Cradle, and Then Remove ActiveSync Remove your mobile device from the cradle. Click ,...
- A .NET Compact Framework application generates a System.TypeLoadException exception
Describes how to work around an issue with a TypeLoadException exception on a Windows Mobile Phone application using Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Telephony assembly.
- How to allow for ActiveSync 4.x to function together with LSP applications
Describes the registry setting requirements to allow for ActiveSync 4.x to function together with LSP applications. A detailed table outlines the registry value and the value’s LSP configuration.
- Windows Mobile device sends an SMS message to the same user several times
Describes how to handle the issue with SMS sending multiple copies of the same message. The manufacturer needs to work with Microsoft to resolve the issue.
- How to synchronize information on multiple mobile devices
Describes how to configure Windows XP to communicate with mobile devices and how to synchronize all mobile devices so that all files are current on all mobile devices and on your desktop.
- How to configure Smartphone Inbox e-mail options
Describes how to configure Smartphone to receive e-mail from four different sources.
- How to enable only Secure Sockets Layer connections between a mobile device and ActiveSync on a Windows Small Business Server 2003-based computer
Describes how to configure the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync virtual directory to use SSL.
- How to protect data and prevent data loss on encrypted storage cards that are used in Windows Mobile devices
Describes how to prevent data loss after you protect sensitive data on the storage card by using encryption on a Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0-based device.
- How to reset the default virtual directories that are required to provide Outlook Web Access, Exchange ActiveSync, and Outlook Mobile Access services in Exchange Server 2003
Describes three methods that you can use to reset the default Exchange Server virtual directories for Outlook Web Access, Exchange ActiveSync, and Outlook Mobile Access in Exchange Server 2003.
- INFO: Emptying the Deleted Items Mail Folder When You Disconnect from the Network
If you disconnect the network connection, the Pocket PC Inbox may not disconnect from the mail service. For example, if the Pocket PC is connected to an IMAP server, and the network cable is disconnected, the Inbox status displays "disconnecting..."...
- INFO: Pocket PC: Some Calendar Information Is Not Included with Appointment
When you beam an appointment from a Windows Powered Pocket PC device to another device, some Calendar appointment information may not included with the appointment.
- Backup and restore options that are available through ActiveSync
Discusses backup and restore options that are available through Microsoft ActiveSync.
- How to synchronize data on a Pocket PC device remotely with ActiveSync 3.x
Describes how to use a serial cable, a USB cable, or an infrared connection to synchronize your device with Outlook through the ActiveSync software that is installed on your computer.
- Differences in LED flashing functionality between Pocket PC 2002 and Pocket PC 2003
Describes how the functionality of LED flashing is different in Pocket PC 2002 and in Pocket PC 2003.
- How to Synchronize Files with a Computer, Activesync, and a Windows CE Device
To synchronize files from the computer to a Microsoft Windows CE device, you must save files in the default folder "%CE device% Synchronized Files."
- No Reminder Alarm Setting on a Windows CE-Based Device
The Task program on Windows CE-based a Pocket PC (PPC) or Handheld PC (H/PC) does not have a setting for a reminder alarm.
- My Documents Folder Must Be Created on a Storage Card in a PocketPC Device
When you store Microsoft Windows Media Player or .mp3 files on additional storage cards on a PocketPC device, you must create a My Documents folder. If the storage card does not have a My Documents folder, the files either cannot be played or they...
- INFO: The Order in Which You Insert the Storage Card Does Not Determine the System Assigned Storage Name
The order that you use to insert a storage card in the expansion pack, handheld device, or Pocket PC device does not determine the storage name that the Microsoft Windows CE operating system assigns when you save a file.