Microsoft has released Hotfix Rollup 1 for Microsoft Antigen 8 for IM and for Microsoft Antigen 8 for SharePoint. This article contains information about how to obtain the hotfix rollup and about the issues that are fixed by the hotfix rollup.
Issue that is fixed in Hotfix Rollup 1 for Antigen 8 for IM and Antigen 8 for SharePoint
This hotfix rollup fixes the following issue:
- A scan engine update fails and logs a warning message in the ProgramLog.txt file
If any of the Antigen's external scan engine vendors release a scan engine update that incorporates files that are packaged within subdirectories, the scan engine update will fail. Additionally, a warning message is logged in the ProgramLog.txt file that resembles the following:
WARNING: A failure was reported by the synchronization observer while installing the scanner. Action = 0x00000001. C:\<Antigen Installation Directory>\<EngineName>\Bin\bases/stt/
This problem occurs because Antigen was unable to successfully update a scan engine that contains one or more subdirectories within its update package.
Hotfix rollup information
How to install the hotfix rollup
To install the hotfix rollup, follow these steps:
- Run the installer by double-clicking the hotfix rollup executable file.
Note When the installer is running, the Exchange and Antigen services are stopped, and your mail flow is temporarily stopped.
- After the installation is complete and the Exchange and Antigen services are restarted, make sure that Antigen is working correctly.
- The Exchange and Antigen services are restarted automatically during the installation.
- Antigen service packs or hotfix rollups can be installed by using the Forefront Server Security Management Console (FFSMC) Deployment job. For more information, see Deployment Jobs in the Forefront Server Security Management Console User's Guide. In this case, the installer runs in silent mode and there is no user input required. The rest of the process remains the same as when you run the installer by double-clicking the executable file.
This hotfix rollup requires that one of the following to be installed:
- Microsoft Antigen 8 for IM Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Antigen 8 for SharePoint Service Pack 1
This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
The English (United States) version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time
item in Control Panel.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Article ID: 977979 - Last Review: July 27, 2012 - Revision: 2.0
- Sybari Antigen 8.0 for IM
- Sybari Antigen 8.0 for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
|atdownload kbdownload kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixrollup kbfix kberrmsg kbbug kbsurveynew kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB977979|