the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- You add a delegate to a principal's mailbox by using
Microsoft Office Outlook or by using the AddDelegate operation of Exchange
Web Services (EWS).
- You remove the delegate’s mailbox or you
delete the delegate’s Active Directory
- You add other delegates to the principal’s mailbox by using
the AddDelegate operation of EWS.
- You try to remove a delegate from the principal's mailbox by
using the RemoveDelegate operation of EWS.
In this scenario, you
receive a "500 internal server" error from
the Exchange Server 2007 server
when you call the RemoveDelegate
operation of EWS.
Additionally, the following event is logged in the
Exchange Client Access server’s Application event log:
Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchange Common
Event ID: 4999
Task Category: General
Watson report about to be sent to dw20.exe for process
id: <ID>xxxx, with parameters: E12IIS,
buddy-RTL-AMD64, <version number>, WS,
M.E.D.Storage, M.E.D.S.Rule.ParticipantFromAdrEntry, System.ArgumentException,
number>. ErrorReportingEnabled: True
When a delegate's mailbox is deleted from
the Exchange Server
2007 organization, the
corresponding delegate entry in the properties of the principal's mailbox is
not deleted. When you add other delegates by using the AddDelegate
operation of EWS, this orphaned delegate entry is converted
the later RemoveDelegate
operation of EWS fails.
fix this problem, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about EWS,
visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 975903 - Last Review: January 22, 2010 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2, when used with:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition
|kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup KB975903|