Microsoft has released security bulletin MS09-009. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
How to obtain help and support for this security update
Help installing updates:
Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals:
TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:
Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country:
More information about this security update
Prerequisites to install this security update
This security update is a post 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 security update. To install the security update, you must have 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 installed.
For more information about how to obtain this service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest service pack for the 2007 Office suite
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces the following security update:
MS08-074: Description of the security update for Excel 2007: December 9, 2008
Known issues with this security update
After you install this update, when you copy data from Excel and try to paste it into Access, you encounter an error message:
The data on the Clipboard is damaged, so Microsoft Office Access can't paste it. There may be an error in the Clipboard, or there may not be enough free memory. Try the operation again.
To work around this problem, use either of the following methods:
- Paste the data into a text file by using a program such as Notepad. Then copy the data from the text file, and then paste the data into Access.
- Use the Paste Special option in Access. On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click the Paste extended menu option, and then click Paste Special.
- Import the data from Access.
For example, you can use a procedure that resembles the following:
For more information, visit the following Microsoft Web page:
- Click the cell where you want to put the data from the Access database.
- On the Data tab, in the Get External Data group, click From Access.
- In the Look in list, locate and double-click the Access database that you want to import.
- In the Select Table dialog box, click the table or query that you want to import, and then click OK.
- In the Import Data dialog box, do the following:
Under Select how you want to view this data, do one of the following:
- To view the data as a table, select Table.
- To view the data as a PivotTable report, select PivotTable report.
- To view the data as a PivotChart and PivotTable report, select PivotChart and PivotTable report.
- Optionally, click Properties to set refresh, formatting, and layout options for the imported data, and then click OK.
- Under Where do you want to put the data? do one of the following:
- To return the data to the location that you selected, click Existing worksheet.
- To return the data to the upper-left corner of the new worksheet, click New worksheet.
- Click OK. Excel puts the external data range in the location that you specify.
To resolve this problem, install the Access 2007 hotfix package that is dated February 24, 2009.
For more information about this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Microsoft Office Access 2007 hotfix package (Ace.msp): February 24, 2009
The English (United States) version of this security update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time
item in Control Panel.
Microsoft Office Excel 2007
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Article ID: 959997 - Last Review: May 9, 2012 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
|kboffice2007presp2fix kbsurveynew kbsecvulnerability kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbbug atdownload KB959997|