This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows Vista.
- You select some Asian language text, such as Chinese text, in Microsoft Office Word 2003 or in an earlier version of Word.
- You use the Phonetic Guide feature in Word to apply ruby text to the selected text.
In this scenario, the ruby text is not displayed in the Phonetic Guide
dialog box in Word. Additionally, you cannot apply ruby text to the selected text in Word. Note
You do not experience this issue in Microsoft Office Word 2007.
This issue occurs because the registration information for the Input Method Editor (IME) is incomplete in Windows Vista.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps.Warning
Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Click Start
, type notepad in the Start Search box, and then click Notepad in the Programs list.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
- Copy the following text.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
@="CHT Language model"
- On the Edit menu, click Paste.
- On the File menu, click Save.
- In the Save As dialog box, click Browse Folders.
- In the Favorite Links area, click Desktop, type Ruby.reg in the File name box, and then click Save.
- Exit Notepad.
- Double-click the Ruby.reg file that you saved to the desktop, and then click Yes when you are prompted.
Article ID: 939398 - Last Review: July 31, 2007 - Revision: 1.1
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Ultimate
|kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot KB939398|
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.