Consider the following scenario:
- You are using a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer.
- A DVD changer is connected to the Windows XP-based computer.
Note A DVD changer is a DVD drive that can store multiple DVDs.
You view the DVD changer in Windows Explorer or in My Computer. You right-click the DVD changer, and then click Eject
. However, a DVD is not ejected from the DVD changer.
This problem occurs because of a limitation in Windows XP.
To work around this problem, use one of the following methods:
- Manually eject the DVD from the DVD changer. For information about how to manually eject the DVD from the DVD changer, view the documentation that is included with the DVD changer.
- Use the software that is included with the DVD changer to eject the DVD. For information about how to use the software that is included with the DVD changer to eject the DVD, view the documentation that is included with the DVD changer.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 903266 - Last Review: January 16, 2015 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot KB903266|