A user or admin forgot his or her password and can’t sign in to Office 365, Microsoft Azure, or Microsoft Intune.
To fix this issue, do one of the following:
- If you're a user, go to the password reset form at https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com
If the admin turned on the capability to allow you to reset your own password, you will be able to reset your own password. Otherwise, the password reset form gives you the option to contact your admin.
- If you're an admin and you want to enable password reset for your users, see Self-service password reset for users
- If you're an admin, you can try to reset your own password if you had already set up an alternate email address and a mobile phone number.
- If you're an admin and your company has more than one admin, ask another admin to reset your password.
- If you're the only admin at your company or if no other admins at your company are available, contact Support
to reset your password.
Note When you submit your request to Support, include your name, telephone number and email address so that Support knows how to contact you.
For more info about how to reset a user's password, see Reset a user's password
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
website or the Azure Active Directory Forums
Article ID: 2606983 - Last Review: October 27, 2014 - Revision: 25.0
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Intune
- CRM Online via Office 365 E Plans
- Microsoft Azure Recovery Services
- Office 365 Identity Management
|o365 o365a o365e o365p o365m o365022013 KB2606983|