Consider the following scenario:
- You create two Shared Service Providers (SSPs) on the same server in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- You perform a profile import on one SSP.
- You try to perform a Business Data Connector (BDC) content source crawl on another SSP.
In this scenario, the BDC content source is not crawled successfully. Additionally, you receive the following error message in the crawl log:
The parameter is incorrect.
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
Description of the Office SharePoint Server 2007 hotfix package (coreserver-x-none.msp): October 26, 2010
Registry key informationImportant
This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to
modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the
registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.
Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information
about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article
number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
After you install the hotfix package, follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type BDCCrawlDisableDefaultAppDomain, and then press ENTER.
- In the Details pane, right-click BDCCrawlDisableDefaultAppDomain, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
If you cannot install the update from the Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2412259, you can try the following work rounds:
- You can perform a profile import on the SSP on which the BDC content source crawl occurs. Then, perform the BDC content source crawl again.
- You can restart the search service on the Office SharePoint server. Then, perform the BDC content source crawl again.
Make sure that profile imports on other SSPs are not running or scheduled to run when you perform the work rounds.
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2432873 - Last Review: November 24, 2010 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
|kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2432873|