When you try to use the Problem Reports and Solutions
item in Control Panel on a computer that runs Windows Server 2008, the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration
dialog box appears unexpectedly. This problem occurs when you try to view a solution for a problem.
This problem occurs because of the File System Process (FSP).
To resolve this problem, add "about:security_wercon.exe" to the local intranet zone and add "http://wer.microsoft.com" to the to the trusted sites zone in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, click Local intranet, and then click Sites.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Add this website to the zone text box, type about:security_wercon.exe click Add, click Close, and then click OK.
- In the Add this website to the zone text box, click Trusted sites, and then click Sites.
- Type http://wer.microsoft.com, click Add, click Close, and then click OK.
This behavior is by design.
Article ID: 947722 - Last Review: April 9, 2008 - Revision: 1.1
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
|kbexpertiseadvanced kbtshoot kbprb KB947722|