This article describes how to change the background color of a message
created with Internet Mail or Internet News.
The background color of a message when you are using the Hypertext Markup
Language (HTML) Formatting option is determined by the window background
color you have selected for Windows 95. To change this color, follow these
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Display.
- Click the Appearance tab.
- In the Item box, click Window.
- In the Color box, click the background color you want to use.
- Click OK.
NOTE: You must use HTML formatting to incorporate a background color into
your messages. Plain Text mode does not support background color.
To enable HTML-format for all messages you send, follow these steps:
- In Internet Mail and News, click Options on the Mail menu.
- On the Send tab, click HTML under Mail Sending Format.
- Click OK.
Set the sending format for an individual mail message to HTML by clicking
HTML on the Format menu in your mail message.
Article ID: 158267 - Last Review: June 24, 2004 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Internet Mail and News 1.0
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.