This article describes Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.5 Cumulative Update 1 (App-V 4.5 CU1). This package provides the latest updates to Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.5.
This cumulative update contains the following changes:
- Support for Windows 7 Beta and Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta
App-V 4.5 CU1 addresses compatibility issues with Windows 7 Beta and Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta. Support will be provided for blocking issues that prevent App-V 4.5 CU1 from running in a test environment on pre-RTM versions of Windows 7. This change helps make sure that your virtual applications can run successfully in a test environment in which compatibility between App-V 4.5 Client and Windows 7 Beta is required.
Note Running App-V 4.5 CU1 on any version of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 in a live operating environment is not supported.
- Improved support for sequencing the Microsoft .NET Framework
App-V 4.5 CU1 addresses previous issues with sequencing the .NET Framework 3.5 and earlier versions on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) and later versions.
For more information about the new capabilities, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Customer feedback and hotfix rollup
App-V 4.5 CU1 also includes a rollup of fixes to address issues that have been found in the App-V 4.5 RTM release. This cumulative update includes a combination of known issues and customer feedback from our internal teams, partners, and customers who are using App-V 4.5.
- In addition to stability improvements, this update addresses the following issues:
- When you try to set the default value of a registry key by using the REGVALUE OSD element, you receive an error that the OSD file is formatted incorrectly.
- When you try to open a small application package that has been compressed, it may not start, and you may receive a "0A-00000163" error. Typically, the application package is less than 1 megabyte (MB).
- When you open a 16-bit application, you cannot access files in the virtual file system. This causes a start failure.
- This cumulative update also includes a rollup that contains the following hotfix:
Hotfix Package 3 for Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.5: January 2009
For more information about known issues, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
How to obtain App-V 4.5 CU1
Beginning in early April, visit your volume licensing or subscription site for Microsoft Application Virtualization to download App-V 4.5 CU1.
Article ID: 963693 - Last Review: March 4, 2009 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.5 for Terminal Services
- Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.5 for Windows Desktops
|kbhowto kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbinfo KB963693|