Consider the following scenario:
- You have a writable domain controller (DC) and a Windows Server 2008-based read-only domain controller (RODC) installed.
- The writable DC is offline.
In this scenario, when you try to log on to the RODC, the operation fails. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
This issue occurs for one of the following reasons:
- The user or the computer is not explicitly added to the Allow group on the writable DC.
- The user or the computer is explicitly added to the Allow group on the writable DC. However, the credentials are not replicated to the RODC.
To resolve this issue, add the user or the computer to the Allow group on the writable DC, and then replicate the credentials to the RODC.Note
After you do this, a user who logs on as an administrator may still be unable to log on to the RODC. In this case, reset the password, and then replicate the password to the RODC.
Article ID: 949048 - Last Review: March 4, 2008 - Revision: 2.0
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
|kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb KB949048|