Consider the following scenario:
- You are running a Windows Vista-based computer.
- A USB speaker is connected to the computer.
- You resume the computer from sleep or from hibernation.
- You use Windows Media Player to play music.
In this scenario, you cannot adjust the volume for the USB speaker. This is true even when you move the volume slider up or down or click the mute button in either of the following locations:
- In Windows Media Player
- In the Windows Vista sound control panel
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods.
Disconnect the USB speaker from the Windows Vista-based computer. Then, reconnect the USB speaker.
Restart Windows Media Player.
Article ID: 941283 - Last Review: August 31, 2007 - Revision: 1.2
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
|kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB941283|