This article contains information about application-specific Attachmate sequencing issues that occur in a Microsoft SoftGrid environment. This article also contains information about how to resolve these issues.
ISV: Attachmate Corporation
Product: myEXTRA! Enterprise and EXTRA! X-treme
Version: 7.0, 7.11, and 8.0Note
The affected components in this article include the following:
- The sequenced application
- The sequencer
- The computer's operating system
- The operating system service pack
Unless otherwise stated, this article does not apply to any specific version of these affected components. The results of the recommendations in the "Details" section may vary, depending on the version combinations of the affected components. The information in this article is not limited to the versions of the applications that are listed earlier under "Product information." Because of frequent version changes of the affected components, we cannot test all potential combinations.
Make sure that you install Attachmate in the following default location:
When you are prompted to "Browse for Folder," make sure that the C:\Program Files\Attachmate folder is selected. Otherwise, Windows Installer pop-up messages and warnings will appear when you run the Shortcut Wizard. These messages and warnings will also occur during streaming.
- When you perform an "Open for Package Upgrade" operation, make sure that you extract the files to the following location:
C:\Program Files By doing this, you make sure that the file structure remains the same as in the original installation.
- You can deploy only one sequence of Attachmate at a time, because all sequences of Attachmate will use the same package root directory of "Attachmate."
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 931982 - Last Review: May 18, 2007 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
|kbexpertiseinter kbhowto KB931982|