When you start an application in Microsoft SoftGrid, you receive the following error message:
Cannot find entry point in msvcrt.dll.
This problem may occur if the following conditions are true:
- The Msvcrt.dll file exists locally on the SoftGrid Client and in the application sequence.
- The Msvcrt.dll files are not the same version.
When an application is started, it uses the Msvcrt.dll file that is located in the sequence first. If the file is incompatible with the operating system, you receive an error message. This problem may occur when an application is sequenced under Microsoft Windows 2000 and then streamed to Microsoft Windows XP or to Microsoft Windows Server 2003. Note
Although the error message contains "msvcrt.dll," this error message can occur for other files.
To resolve this problem, locate and then remove the Msvcrt.dll file from the application sequence. To do this, follow these steps:
- Perform an "Open for Package Upgrade" operation.
- Start the Installation Wizard, locate the extracted files, and then delete the Mscvrt.dll file.
- Finish the Installation Wizard.
- Start the Application Wizard.
- When the Application Wizard is finished, save the application sequence.
Article ID: 931572 - Last Review: March 9, 2007 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
|kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB931572|