When you try to import an application to the SoftGrid Management Console, the import operation is unsuccessful. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
Unexpected error occurred.
Unable to create the new Application. Please report the following error code to your system administrator.
Error code: 0000B003
Additionally, the following error message is logged in the SoftGrid Management Console log file (Sftmmc.log):
Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UK_FILE_TYPE_ACTIONS_1'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.File_Type_Actions'. ---> SoftGrid.Management.AddApplicationFailedException: The statement has been terminated.
This issue may occur when a SHELLCOMMAND element has multiple attributes that have the same value.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Open the .osd file by using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Review the elements in the SOFTPKG element. These elements are MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS, PROGLIDLIST, and PROGID.
- For each PROGID element that is listed, review each SHELLCOMMAND element. This element is in the SHELLCOMMANDLIST element.
- If the SHELLCOMMANDLIST element has multiple SHELLCOMMAND elements, the name and the friendly name for each SHELLCOMMAND element must be unique.
For example, consider the following <SOFTPKG> element.
In this example, the SHELLCOMMANDLIST element has two SHELLCOMMAND elements. One SHELLCOMMAND element has the name open, and the other has the name edit.
<SHELLCOMMAND NAME="open" FRIENDLYNAME="&Open DefaultApp"/>
<SHELLCOMMAND NAME="edit" FRIENDLYNAME="&Open DefaultApp"/>
However, both SHELLCOMMAND elements have the same friendly name &Open DefaultApp. In this case, you should change the friendly name of edit from &Open DefaultApp to &Edit DefaultApp.
- Save the .osd file, and then exit the text editor.
- Import the application as usual.
Article ID: 929944 - Last Review: April 28, 2007 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
|kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB929944|