When you try to access the Performance Monitor (Perfmon.exe) on a remote computer, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
Users who are members of the Administrators group do not experience this problem.
To resolve the problem, add your user account to both the Performance Monitor Users group and the Performance Log Users group on the remote computer that you want to access. Note
Users who are members of only the Performance Monitor Users group still receive an " Access Is Denied" error message.
To add your user account to these groups on the remote computer that you want to access, follow these steps:
- Log on to the remote computer as an administrator.
- Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then press ENTER.
- In the Computer Management window, expand System Tools, expand Local Users and Groups, and then click Groups.
- Double-click Performance Log Users, and then click Add.
- In the Enter the object names to select box, type the name of the user account or group account that you want to add, and then click OK.
Repeat these steps to add your account to the Performance Monitor Users group.
Article ID: 969639 - Last Review: June 21, 2014 - Revision: 2.0
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
|kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbprb KB969639|