After you complete all of the "Appack Configuration Guide - Exchange 2000 Management Pack" instructions to set up MAPI logon availability
monitoring, verify that all DS related services are running, and then check that all domain controllers are in healthy state, the following alert is still raised:
Source: Exchange MOM
Problem in accessing Directory Service caused Logon failure
Exchange Server: "Server"
MDB:Mailbox Store "Server"
[Collaboration Data Objects - [MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED(80040111)]]
This issue may be caused by any of the following conditions:
- The Onepoint Service account on the Exchange server is not configured to run under the Agent Service account (that was created according to the Appack Configuration Guide).
- The Agent Mailbox account's mailbox name/logon alias is different from its distinguished name or full name (its CN in Active Directory).
- The Exchange System Attendant service is not started.
To resolve this issue, use the appropriate method:
- Verify that the Onepoint service on the Exchange server that is being monitored is running under the Agent service account. To do so:
- On the Exchange server that is reporting the logon failure, start Administrative Tools, right-click the Onepoint service, and then click Properties.
- Click the Log On tab.
- Change the service account if it is not running under the designated agent service account.
- Change the agent mailbox account "full name" to the format that is specified in the Appack configuration guide. To do so:
- At a command prompt, run Dsa.msc.
- Right-click your agent mailbox account, click Rename, and then change its name to the servernameMOM# format (see the Configuration Guide for Agent Mailbox naming convention).
- Restart the Exchange System Attendant service
Article ID: 321996 - Last Review: October 24, 2013 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft Operations Manager 2000 Enterprise Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB321996|