After you complete all of the "Appack Configuration Guide - Exchange 2000 Management Pack" instructions to set up MAPI logon-availability monitoring, ensure that all DS-related services are running, and check that all domain controllers are in a healthy state, you may receive the following alert:
Source: Exchange MOM
Problem in accessing Directory Service caused Logon failure
Exchange Server:"server name"
MDB:"Mailbox Store (server name)"
Mailbox:"server name MOM"
[Collaboration Data Objects - [MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED(80040111)]]
This issue can occur if the following conditions exist:
- The Onepoint Service account on the Microsoft Exchange server is not configured to run under the Agent Service account that was created by using the instructions from the Appack Configuration Guide.
- The Agent mailbox account's mailbox name or logon alias is different from its distinguished name or full name (its CN in the Active Directory).
- The Exchange System Attendant service is not started.
To work around this issue:
- Make sure that the Onepoint service (on the Exchange server that is being monitored) is running under the Agent service account:
- On the Exchange server that is reporting the logon failure, click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- Right-click the Onepoint service, click Properties, and then click the Log On tab.
- Change the service account if it is not running under the designated agent service account.
- Change the agent mailbox account "full name" to the format that is specified in the Appack Configuration Guide. To do so, start Dsa.msc at a command prompt, right-click your agent mailbox account, click Rename, and then change its name to the (server name)MOM# format. See the Configuration Guide for the agent mailbox naming convention.
- Restart the Exchange System Attendant service.
Article ID: 315880 - Last Review: October 24, 2013 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft Operations Manager 2000 Enterprise Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB315880|